Indefinite Pronouns


Indefinite Pronouns
(Đại từ bất định)
I. Some: Một vài
1. Something: một điều gì đó, một việc gì đó, cái gì đó.
Ex: There is something in my eye.
I have something to tell you.
2. Somebody, someone: Người nào đó
Ex: Somebody is knocking at the door.
There’s someone in the other office.
3. Somewhere: một nơi nào đó, đâu đó.
Ex: He lives somewhere near us.
II. Any: được sử dụng trong câu hỏi và câu phủ định (dùng để chỉ một số lượng không xác định)
Ex: have you got any books?
Did you know any French?
1. Anything: Bất cứ cái gì (trong câu phủ định và nghi vấn)
Do you know anything about this?
2. Anybody, anyone: bất cứ ai.
Ex: Is there anybody at home?
3. Anywhere (adv):
Do you go anywhere last summer?
III. No = not … any
I have no money = I don’t have any money
1. Nothing = not … anything
I know nothing about that = I don’t know anything about that.
2. Nobody =  none = no one = not … anybody = not … anybody
Ex: There’s nobody at home = there isn’ t anybody at home
IV. Every: Mỗi, mọi
1. Everything: Mọi thứ
Ex: Everything is all right.
2. Everyone = everybody: mọi người
Ex: Everybody speaks English in this class.

Exercise: Complete the sentences, using someone, anyone, no one, or everyone
1. I don’t think __________ likes the film. It’s so boring.
2. ________ phoned you while you were out, but they didn’t leave a message.
3. Does _________ mind if I eat first?
4. There’s _________ at the door. Can you go and see who it is?
5. He didn’t come to the class for three days, and ________ knows where he is.
6. Can we start now? Has ________ arrived?
7. Everyone said they would attend the party, but _______ turned up. (đến)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét